Note: Before submitting application below, please read the full summary here. It may be the difference between getting an interview or not.
Virtual A Team is a new type of service in the Virtual Employment arena. We don't just do administrative work but provide an entire virtual team to our clients.
Virtual A Team is always on the look out for individuals with valuable administrative skills.
The Bad News First
- There are no benefits. This is a 1099 Contract position but there is the potential to turn into an employment position in the future.
- Must have own computer and minimum internet speeds of 25 mbps down and 7 mbps up.
- We want a member of the family. While you will start out part-time, we consider all of our team members a part of the family and want you to consider this your home for now and well into the future. If you are just looking for a temporary position, this is not the right fit for you.
What About the Good News?
Now let's talk about some of the good stuff.
- We work virtually. That means you can work in your own home and don't have to commute. While you will be doing Zoom calls with the team and clients, you get to save money and be home for your family when needed.
- Never a Dull Moment. All of our clients are unique in their specific needs and personalities. That means you'll never get bored doing the same thing over and over.
- No Evenings or Weekends - unless you want to. Our policy is to honor personal time. We inform our clients that we do not work evenings and weekends. If you choose to work on a project or task during these hours, that's your right, not an expectation.
- Ongoing Training. We meet regularly (virtually) as a team to provide support and ongoing training on programs, systems, and ideas.
- Stop Chasing Clients. If you've been working in your own business, you know how tough it can be to have a steady stream of clients to pay the bills. Maybe this isn't your cup of tea (or coffee, if you prefer) and you just want to do the work you do well. This is a position that will bring the clients to you instead of you doing all the work to find new clients.
Our VAs work with our team of Directors to handle specific tasks and projects. The Directors will learn your specific skill sets and assign projects or tasks to you on behalf of our clients.
We are looking to work with individuals who learn quickly, have high attention to detail but don't stress the small stuff.
Typical projects or tasks may include (but are not limited to):
- Email/Calendar management
- Internet research
- Podcast guest outreach
- Blog posting
- Basic email autoresponder set up
- Social media posting
- Minimum 1 year working virtually
- Minimum conversational English with excellent written English.
- Must work US Daytime hours regardless of location.
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Be willing to present alternative suggestions with authority while also accepting decisions that you may not agree with.
- Be a go-getter. If your idea is to sit back and wait for someone to approach you with their next task or project, this isn't a good fit.
- You are open and eager to learn new ideas, programs, and skills.
- You are open and willing to pass on tasks that are not in your personal zone of genius.
- You can balance taking direction with offering feedback.
- You know how to think on your feet and solve problems that arise.
- You know how to take criticism with a grain of salt and can use it to improve.
- This is a 1099 position although there is the potential that it may convert to an employee position upon successful completion of training.
- The rate of pay during the first 90 days of training is $10 an hour. Upon completion of training, the rate will increase to not less than $12.50 and possibly up to $15 an hour.
- Our VAs work for us on average between 5 to 15 hours per week. The more skills you have, the more work that you can do.
We generally get a high number of applicants when advertising for this particular role. We do not have time to interview everyone. We use a proprietary system to evaluate applicants based on their application responses. From this list, we will select a handful of individuals to invite to submit a prerecorded video.
From the video responses, we will then narrow down our selection of individuals to invite to a Zoom interview. We believe in taking time to hire right so we don't have to hire often.
Because we are looking for detail oriented and thorough people for this role, we expect all applications to include the words, "GOTEAM" in the CODE section of the application. Applications that do not include this will automatically be eliminated from consideration.
If you feel you might be a good fit for the Virtual A Team team, please complete the attached application.