Account Manager Job Listing
How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world by giving the gift of time (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!).
Honestly, the job is not all puppy dogs and sandy beaches — there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let’s get the bad news out of the way first:
- The pay sucks. Meaning, you won’t get rich at this job. The pay starts at $22.50/hour. It can be some extra spending money, for sure. However, if you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the “coolest” part time admin job ever, it is now the “suckiest” part time admin job ever.
- It’s a part time position. That means no benefits and you’ll be responsible for a few of your own expenses (internet service for example).
- Review points 1 & 2.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- Our office is VIRTUAL. Just think of how much decorating you’ll get to do! Seriously though, that means you can work in your own home and don't have to commute. While you will be doing Zoom calls with the team and clients, you get to save money and be home for your family when needed.
- Never a Dull Moment. All of our clients are unique in their specific needs and personalities. That means you'll never get bored doing the same thing over and over.
- No Evenings or Weekends. Our policy is to honor personal time. We inform our clients that we do not work evenings and weekends. If you choose to work on a project or task during these hours, that's your right, not an expectation. And the hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. As long as you are able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week during normal business hours, you can set your own schedule.
- We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- This isn’t a “MY WAY or the HIGHWAY” company. We are constantly changing and growing. If you aren’t comfortable with change, that might not be something to include in the “good stuff”. But if you are tired of making suggestions only to be told “this is the way we’ve always done it” then this is perfect for you.
- After 90 days, the rate of pay goes up to $25! And there’s lots of opportunities to advance.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
- You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer based stuff will be necessary. While you aren’t expected to be an expert, a working knowledge of various online business tools such as CRMs, Scheduling, WordPress, Project Management systems, etc… is a huge PLUS!
- You will be on Zoom calls a few times a week. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and getting AND giving direction. You also need a quiet space/time in your home to attend these calls distraction free. We don’t expect you to have a professional wardrobe but clean and tidy is a good thing!
- You need to be a person with REALLY GOOD communication skills. Like it’s a total pet peeve when you go a few days without an update and staying on top of others to communicate with you is only a minor annoyance.
- You need to nail down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done half assed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to slow things down and get them done right.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. We are looking for a good, fun person, who gets shit done. (Oh and we occasionally swear at the office…not much…but sometimes a joke is only funny with an F-bomb).
- We are looking for people who don’t mind challenging the status quo but who also don’t get upset if things don’t go the way they think they should.
In short, your job is to help our clients in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?).
Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. What we don’t expect is perfection.
We expect intelligence, energy, a strong desire to learn, and a get it done attitude. When you have questions, you tend to look for the answers with easily accessible resources (shared team resources and, well, Google) first before seeking out assistance from the team. BUT, you aren’t afraid to ask for help when you can’t find the answer or are unsure.
To learn more about us, check out VirtualATeam.com.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a part time, admin job. The pay is $22.50 an hour to start and the hours will be 10 to 20 hours a week.
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position you’ll see a CODE section. Enter TEAM as the code. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position. We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
Oh, and if you make it to the next round, we’ll be asking you to submit a video interview answering a couple of questions. So get ready to put on your best video face! 😀